Tuesday 10 March 2015

Seaside Walk


I'm on a bit of a blabfest with this one, so I will put a break here for the feeds.


Rarely do I "Officially" blog events these days. I often cover those I am personally in, or when it is requested, something for an organizer. As a designer myself, my store comes first. Blogging is my hobby of sorts, it is how I have my fun, or what I do when I need to step away from a project, or problem. The pressures of being "Official" are not something I need. I like to blog free form, and not be bogged down by dates.

That being said, Skin Fair is the one event I do blog every year, since it first came out. It has never had a group of "Official" bloggers so to speak, but hand selected groups of people, who all get to preview the event before the masses. This gives the event a broader coverage, as all walks of SLife cross it's pixel borders. No one is assigned designers, no one has to blog something they wouldn't generally choose for themselves.

It's a refreshing event.

Why am I talking about this?

Well Skin Fair starts for the general SL public on March 13th, and I will be showing lots of things from the event, here, over the next little while. I wouldn't be surprised if some of our other Free*Stylists do as well, as I saw a few of them there when I was running around.

I wont be giving you a slurl to the event right now, but if you would like to learn more about the event itself, here if the Official Site. You can see some of the ads and previews on the Official Flickr.

The skin I am wearing today is from a Label I have never actually purchased from in the past. I am not usually Human skin toned. When I am, there are a select few designers I will in fact purchase from, and the rest of my skin collection either comes from things for this blog, or are passed to me from my Designer Friends.

It is always refreshing trying something new.

Before you get all huffy, and fill my inbox, Voshie Paine, who is one of the organizers of the event, has always been very strict with her groups and events. She does not support designers who rip content, nor would she promote them. Her events are one of the safer ones on the grid. So you need not fear trying out a new store you come across, at Skin Fair.

Deesses is the name of the store, with Natalie Wells behind the creative wheel. Since Free*Style is primarily a Freebie blog, I will not be doing a full review here. I just wanted you guys to get the chance to see something new and exciting! I will be doing full coverages on my newly opened personal blog, Pixel Mythos.

I sort of merged the 2 parts of humanish Helena together here, taking my love of retro/classic fashion, and my alternative/punk/goth side, then put them in a blender and took bets on what would pop out. I didn't win, but I am pleased with the results.

Designer's Circle is in it's 100th round, and are celebrating. There are a bunch of super lovely gifts, as well as awesome deals from all of the designers. This dress is an offer from Loordes of London.

You might not see them(my nails) well, bad bad me, but Hello Dave is offering a unique gift right now, to the SL Free&Offers group, inworld. Join the group, go to Hello Dave, Click on the Credit Terminal to the right. You will get 150 store credit, free. You can then purchase any of the nail packs at the store, with the credit, just be sure to use the menu, to spend the credit, and not you L$. The nails are only L$99, so there ends up being extra credit left over. If you choose to put in a little bit of money, you can go to the Credit terminal on the left, pay it the difference(L$48), and you will now have enough for another pack.

Credits

Hair - The Stringer Mausoleum - PonyGirl in Night - Not Free
Hair Base - Adoness - Shaved Swirls in Black - L$50 for a whole pack of them
Skin - Deesses - Nadine V2 in Cold Milk - NEW @ Skin Fair
Eyes - Inkheart - Dazzling Eyes in Honey - Group Gift (Free to Join)
Lashes (Layer) - L'Anguisette - Seeing Red Lashes - Gift @ Designer's Circle 100th Round Celebration
Makeup 1(Lips) - Deesses - Nadine V2 lipstick set Palette 2/ Lipstick in Conquise - NEW @ Skin Fair
Ears - Sin & Virtue - Pierced Pointed Ears - N/A
Hands - Slink - Casual Pose - Not Free (these have been updated, got pick up your update ladies!)
Nail Applier - Hello Dave - Chalk Dip Nails - SL F&O Group Gift (Free to Join)
Dress - Loordes of London - Skivvy Dress in Vogue - Gift @ Designer's Circle 100th Round Celebration
 Sunglasses - StormCrow Designs - Beige/Gold Spikes - Gift @ Designer's Circle 100th Round Celebration
Eye Gems - Phoebe - Eye Diamonds with Metals/9 Gem Colours - L$1
Nose Ring - Phoebe - Facial Piercing U4 with 8 Metals - Group Gift (Free to Join)

Poses - All poses used in this post can be found at Shop Free*Style, ranging from L$0 to L$50
Location - Red Sun
Windlight - Places Kunming